History/Centennial Celebrations

Early Roblin Post Office

History of the Roblin Post Office
The original building that was on this lot before the Post Office was a feed lot/livery. It even included a parking lot for horses. Mr. Hartmar had built it. The right side of the Post Office was added on but the date is unknown. The Post Office originated on April 1, 1904 when the village was called Goose Lake. The name changed to Roblin on October 1, 1904. The first Postmaster recorded was J.W. Atkey. The year 2013 has seen the completion of 93 years of service as Postmaster of Roblin by the Kines family. Today the Postmaster is Larry Kines.

History of Roblin

The first inhabitants of the Roblin area lived off the land for thousands of years. When the railway reached the area at the beginning of the 1900s, many farmers and families from Eastern Europe settled in the area. In 1903, the first train came to Roblin.

The village was originally named Goose Lake, but in 1904 it was renamed Roblin after the Premier of Manitoba at the time.

Agricultural development led to rapid economic growth and by 1907 three elevators, a flour mill and a lumber mill were operating.

The Village of Roblin was officially incorporated in 1913 and became the Town of Roblin on May 1, 1962.

Centennial Celebrations in 2013
In 2013, Roblin celebrated its 100th anniversary. The major Centennial Celebrations took place from July 12 to July 21, 2013. The celebrations were a major success with many people returning to Roblin. All the events during the 10 days were well attended.